City of Winnemucca
Coronavirus Relief Funds Committee
Small Business Assistance Program
August 14, 2020 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Winnemucca, NV – Humboldt County and the City of Winnemucca have been allocated a total of $3,073,687 to assist with unanticipated expenditures created by the COVID-19 pandemic. These funds are a direct result of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) and were allocated by the State of Nevada using a per capita allocation benchmark formula. These funds will help recuperation efforts in Humboldt County and the City of Winnemucca as they can be used for eligible expenses that have already been incurred as well as COVID-19 related costs to be incurred in the future. The County and City have each received 50% of their funds upfront. The remaining 50% will be available on a reimbursement basis or upon providing a detailed spending proposal to the State of Nevada.
The County and City have formed a joint Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) Committee to receive and review requests for reimbursement from small businesses, medical and public health facilities, nonprofit organizations, and the education facilities for eligible expenses incurred between March 1, 2020 and December 30, 2020.
To be considered an eligible expense, the responses to the following questions must be “true”.
- The expense occurs between March 1, 2020 and December 30, 2020
- The expense is directly related to the COVID-19 emergency
- The expense is “necessary”
- The expense is not filling a shortfall in government revenues
- The expense is not funded through another budget line item, allotment or allocation, as of March 27, 2020 OR is funded, but the cost is for a substantially different use from any expected use of funds (e.g. base salary is funded but duties become substantially different to respond to COVID-19 emergency)
- The expense wouldn’t exist without COVID-19 OR would be for a “substantially different” purpose
To request reimbursement from the CRF for an eligible expense, please download an application from https://www.hcnv.us/487/Coronavirus-Relief-Funds-Committee-Small, and return the completed application and copies of receipts and/or proof of payment to Humboldt County Treasurer’s Office, 50 W. 5th Street, Winnemucca, NV 89445. The application deadline for the first round of CRF reimbursements is September 18, 2020. If funds remain available, there will
be a second application period with a deadline of January 15, 2021.
If you have any questions about the Coronavirus Relief Fund reimbursement program, please contact Rachelle Piquet at 775-421-0135 or firstname.lastname@example.org.